Sunday, May 21, 2006

first post

As I sit here in the month of May
Slowly typing till the day
A squirrel outside has lost its way
And I have way too much much to say
--To fill this blog up all the way
But too few hours in the day
This sunny twenty-first of May






This is a random picture I took of Einstein crawling on Lisle (not at all staged, of course--the lizard crawled up there all the time ;) )

The lizard survived not the winter.






Check out this link for a humorous writing contest. The idea is to write a BAD opening sentence for a book, in honor of the man who began a story, "It was a dark and stormy night..." and was ever plagarized by the Schultz Beagle thereafter.

My entry next year will be:
The hundreds of flies now smeared across my dining room mirror had escaped, when I opened the trash bin, like a very fast car, driving too quickly and destined for a deadly collision, which, coincidentally, was what had happened to my sweet Suzanne, who was currently in the trash bin attracting the flies.

Of course, it's stupid and gross. That's the whole point! To win the contest you have to find that perfect blend of being perfectly awful and ridiculous, and yet somehow creative and clever at the same time. Also check out the past winners page, and the page honoring real, paid authors who were just as bad.

I'll probably get more content up before telling people about this, but if you happen to come across this and tell your friends--I guess I can't stop you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home